Job Opportunity: Generator Mechanic
Location: Bahrain, Oman, KSA, Kuwait, Qatar, or UAE
Summary: The job involves effective mechanical trouble shooting, servicing and management of technical issues in order to ensure readiness of mechanical equipment for deployment in the rental fleet. A problem solving and resourceful orientation combined with round the clock availability and an ability to resolve issues speedily is required for performing this key role.
- Repair, and maintain the operating condition of, machinery and equipment.
- Repair and replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment.
- Study blueprints and manufacturer manuals to determine correct installation and operation of machinery. Record parts and materials used, and order or requisition new parts and materials as necessary.
- Record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Analyse test results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators in order to diagnose equipment problems.
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions, using various testing devices.
- Operate newly repaired machinery and equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Demonstrate equipment functions and features to machine operators.
- Enter codes and instructions to program computer-controlled machinery.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years diesel/mechanic experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency in the handling tools and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given.
- A complete and in-depth understanding of generator systems, diesel engines and maintenance problems encountered in power generating systems.
- Ability to travel to various locations in the area of operations to carry out generator installations and repairs.
- Compliance with established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).