Safety Award Received
Byrne Receives President’s Contractor Safety Award from Chevron Phillips Chemical Co. LLP
In a ceremony held on 26 July 2017, Byrne was awarded the 'CPChem President’s Contractor Safety Award' and '2016 CPChem Contractor Safety Excellence Award' at the Chevron Phillips Chemicals office in Jubail, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The CPChem Safety Excellence Award is given to a selection of contractors who meet a set of safety criteria while the President’s Contractor Safety Award is a prestigious global award, awarded to a single contractor anywhere in the world.
The awards recognise contractor companies that have achieved outstanding safety performance while working at S-Chem during the 2016 Award Year. (S-Chem is the collective name of Saudi Chevron Phillips Company (SCP), Jubail Chevron Phillips Company (JCP) and Saudi Polymers Company (SPCo).)
The Chevron Phillips Chemical Contractor Safety Excellence Awards are presented annually to contractor companies that achieve superior safety performance while working for Chevron Phillips Chemical during the award year. Among many eligibility requirements, a contractor company must work a minimum number of cumulative hours in a calendar year at Chevron Phillips Chemical or affiliate facilities, and meet that year’s Chevron Phillips Chemical corporate-wide combined (employee + contractor) total recordable incidence rate safety target.
Winners of the award do so by meeting the following criteria:
- Sustainability in contractor performance and improvement in trends at CPChem/Affiliate Facilities or Major Capital Project sites;
- Severity of recordable injury/illnesses occurring at CPChem/Affiliate Facilities or Major Capital Project sites;
- Corrective actions and responsiveness to trends and/or injuries;
- Effectiveness of personnel/process safety and incident prevention processes, including Hazard Recognition/Awareness Programs;
- New safety improvement initiatives;
- Industry awards or certifications;
- Milestones/external activities;
- Have met the 2016 CPChem corporate-wide Total Recordable Incidence Rate (TRIR) safety target for combined employees and contractor performance of 0.20 for the award year;
- Not have experienced a recordable injury/illness that resulted in in-patient hospitalization with medical treatment beyond first aid at a CPChem or affiliate facility;
- Not have a corporate deviation in the calendar year 2016 delineated in corporate EHS-5180.
A commemorative plaque was presented to the General Manager of Byrne in Saudi Arabia, who received the award on behalf of Byrne Investments Saudi Arabia Ltd.
Byrne's GM said “it was an honour to receive the coveted award and it is a significant milestone for Byrne to achieve this worldwide recognition”.